Galesburg – The Entrepreneurial Support Network of West Central Illinois (ESN) will announce plans to kick-off and celebrate National Entrepreneurship Week 2013 at a press conference on Tuesday, February 12, beginning at 10:30 a.m. at the Sustainable Business Center, 2900 W. Main St. in Galesburg. National Entrepreneurship Week, created in 2006 by HR #699 is meant to recognize entrepreneurial efforts and promote entrepreneurship education in every community across the United States. Announcements that will be made at the press conference will include:
· Proclamations issued by municipalities to promote this regional initiative.
· Presentation of the State of Entrepreneurship – Annual Report 2012-2013.
· The Business & Technology Center’s Entrepreneurial Scholarship Program.
· A student from the 4-H SPIN (special interest) club on entrepreneurship will share their experience.
· Plans for Small Business Day Awards Luncheon in May of 2013.
· Update of a grant received by the Galesburg Public Library to assist entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurs and small business owners bring new and unique ideas to the marketplace that create jobs and fuel economic growth. They are the backbone of America, compromising about 99.7 percent of all employers and employing more than half of the private sector. ESN would like to recognize their many accomplishments and, at the same time, encourage our youth to pursue their own entrepreneurial endeavors. ABOUT ESN: The Entrepreneurial Support Network is a group of service providers, dedicated to the advancement of local entrepreneurs, the promotion of innovation, and the development of an entrepreneurial culture. ESN seeks to build an entrepreneurial culture and support system that educates, engages, and transforms individuals, organizations and communities to higher levels of innovation. ESN providers and sponsors are the City of Galesburg, Galesburg Business Technology Center, Carl Sandburg College, Entrepreneurship Center of West Central Illinois, Henderson County Economic Development Committee, Economic Development Administration, University of Illinois, GREDA, Illinois Small Business Development Center of WIU, Galesburg Area Chamber of Commerce, Monmouth-Area Chamber of Commerce