Banner
Banner

Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Home

On Tuesday October 1st at 1:25 AM, the Monmouth Fire Department was called to Wells Pet Food, 617 South D Street, for a report of a small propane tank that was on fire.  MFD responded to the scene with two engines and discovered that the propane that was on fire was coming from a large fixed tank which was being used to fill the smaller tank.  The propane was burning freely near one of the outbuildings which sent flames thirty to forty feet into the air.  The situation was quickly brought under control by the firefighters by cooling the propane tank with water and shutting off the propane at the source.  As a precaution, residents living nearby to Wells Pet Food were asked to evacuate their homes for a short time until the situation could be brought under control.  There were no injuries reported and the fire caused minimal damage to the propane equipment and a nearby holding tank. MFD cleared from the scene at 2:46 AM.   The cause of the fire is not currently available. 


Casey Rexroat, Fire Chief
Monmouth Fire Department

 

Local Radar


Current Weather

Galesburg, IL
Temp: 44°F
Wind Chill: 44°F
Humidity: 77%
Speed: n/a
Direct.:
Pressure: 30.27 in
CALM
Show more details
Provided by:
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner